Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Other options, part deux.

So we talked about the other venues we looked at, so I think I'll show you my journey to finding my wedding dress!

Josh, if you're reading and don't want to see me in a wedding dress, AVERT YOUR EYES!




So, I only went to three stores. We went to David's Bridal on two separate occasions and we also went to a local place called Lady Margaret's, and a place called All That Shimmers. We didn't take pictures the first round at David's Bridal (I don't think, anyways), so I'll just show you a few of the dresses I tried on:




 They were pretty, but most of them didn't fit right. And the fluffy one? RIDICULOUS. So we went to Lady Margaret's.

Here are a few of the dresses I tried on:

I LOVED this one, but it was almost double our budget. Boo :(


This is the dress that I came THIS close to to buying. Imagine the white is a light ivory, and the blue is a champagne color. I really liked it, but in the end I guess I just didn't love it because my gut told me to wait.

We then went to All That Shimmers, and actually took pictures! So here's some photos for your viewing pleasure, and  don't mind all my silly face, mom always tended to catch me mid-sentence:


Pretty, but made my back end look way too flat. The corset back was beautiful though!


I like the waist band and buttons all the way down the train on this one.


This one was really pretty.. We seemed to be getting closer!


I really wanted to try a mermaid-style gown, then quickly realized it wasn't my style haha! Beautiful, but I need to be able to boogie the night away!



Then we found this one. Me and my mom instantly fell in love with it, and it actually attracted several sales consultants and some other customers. It fit me like a glove and had everything I wanted in a dress at the time: lace, a little sparkle, sweetheart neckline, straps and a train.. We debated for about 30 minutes, because of course, it was quite a bit over budget. So we decided to wait and see if it went on sale since we still had some time.

In the end, I ended up choosing another gown, but every now and then I wonder if I picked the right one. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment