Friday, November 12, 2010

Dresses for the Girls Take 1.

Well, sometime in June probably, me and my mom popped around and I got to play dress up with my life-size doll, my Maid of Honor (who is also my sister) Kaitlin.


Remember her from my Wedding Day Ensemble post?

We bounced from store to store, with my inspiration in mind:


Cute, right? Not the pink color, I just loved the detail on the bottoms of both dresses.

This is what we found - though nothing like my inspiration dresses:

This one was super cute, but we weren't crazy about the shiny-ness of the fabric.


We really liked this one, but it was a little plain-Jane for my girls.


I LOVED this one, it's flowy and light and has super-cute flower details on it! We'd get it all yellow though to take the whole "bee" look away from it.
We went to David's Bridal and tried on a few gowns, and this is the one we all loved:



The flower detail around the neck was amazing! The only catch - it was a special occasions dress so it only comes in black... I'm not sure how I feel about it yet though, so it's still a contender. All of my bridesmaids are going to be in town in December, so we're going to all go out and finish this whole debacle. Part 2 coming soon!


1 comment:

  1. I love the pinky peachy dress in your inspiration! I'm interested to see what you decided to go with!

    ReplyDelete