Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In the beginning.

On the first day, God said "Let there be light".

So God pulled a shiny new ring from his pocket and put it on my finger.

So if you weren't present, or if you haven't heard the "proposal" story - here it is (in the words of Josh).

"Lauren and I got engaged on September 10th, 2009. I decided that I wanted to propose to Lauren in public, and preferably in front of all of our friends we work with in CWU Housing. A great opportunity to do this was during our CWU Housing staff photographs and that's an opportunity I decided to take! The day arrived and Lauren and I were together with a little over 100 of our coworkers getting ready to take staff photo's. Our boss made a quick speech telling everyone that this was a moment in time that would never happen again. She then told everyone that I had an announcement to make. I started to pull Lauren through the crowd, and  I am safe to say that she had no idea what was happening. Upon getting Lauren in front of the crowd I started to make my speech. I had planned it out before hand but of course it completely changed when I was making it. After about one sentence Lauren started crying (happy tears of course) and there were about 50 girls in the crowd "Awwing". I finally asked her if she would marry me and she gave me an immediate yes. What followed was a roar of claps, whistles, hollars, and all sorts of excited sounds. We were officially engaged!!"

 Aww.
Anyways, after he proposed we had to go back to staff training for like, 6 hours. We escaped together around 7pm and went to our favorite sandwich shop for some gelato and an opportunity to just sit and soak "being engaged" in.

A few weeks later we threw a small engagement party as an opportunity for our (extended) family to meet.

I got a DIY bug up my butt and had to make something - hence our very-premature Save the Dates:





This happened around Thanksgiving. You know what happens after Thanksgiving... BLACK FRIDAY.



So we bought my wedding band. We also bought Josh's band about two months later (14k white gold comfort fit band).

So there's a recap of the first several months of our engagement!

Up next - we booked our venue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment