Monday, November 8, 2010

My DRESS!!

So, we all know what this means...


Okay, so now that he's gone, I couldn't help but show you all my wedding day ensemble!



My sister (and MOH) is modeling the Victoria's Secret "Sexy Little Bride" hoodie I found on craigslist for $20!! It's only been worn once by another bride on her wedding day, so this normally-$70-jacket was a fabulous deal! I'm going to wear it the morning of the wedding so I don't mess up my hair trying to take off a tshirt, and maybe I'll bring it on our honeymoon with us.

And now, here she is! Don't mind the haphazardly thrown up hair. Imagine it in curls, pinned up at the base of my neck with some beautiful drop-pearl earrings. I will be wearing a cathedral-length veil, though!



Isn't the back gorgeous? I love the low V and the delicate little bow.



I tried it on with a few different necklaces.


If you couldn't tell, I love the back of the dress. And don't mind the wrinkles all over the dress, I'm going to get it steamed right before the wedding. I bought the dress in January of 2010 for my March 2011 wedding, so we all know what hanging in storage for over a year can do.

Now, I loved the dress - but I so badly wanted a sweetheart neckline. So I searched for someone to do the alterations.. and searched.. and searched. Davids Bridal (obviously where we bought the dress) wouldn't do it! They said if they did the alterations, they had to be able to "return the dress to its original state". Screw that. So I found a nice lady down the road to do it - and it's perfect!


Don't mind the quality of the picture, taken with a phone! I feel so much more "bridal" with the sweetheart neckline :) I plan on losing about an inch off my waist before the wedding so that the dress doesn't have that little "pinching" effect around my waist though!

Other than that, I was lucky and found my shoes at Nordstrom Rack for only $50!


Again, sorry about the phone-photo quality. They are leather with a wood wedge heel, and a cute little silver buckle on the toe. I LOVE them! So much that I had to hide them in my moms closet so I wouldn't wear them before the wedding and trash them.

Lastly, this is one of the pieces I treasure the most for the wedding - my necklace. I was home from college one weekend with Josh, and we had dinner at his place. His mom brought out a small box and gave it to me; I opened it to find the most BEAUTIFUL necklace a girl could hope to wear on her wedding day. His mom, aunt, and grandmother (my future in-laws) all pitched in and bought me this:


The picture doesn't do it justice - it's three strands of Swarovski pearls with a REAL rose that has been solidified. I can't get over how pretty it is.

So there you have it. Other than my earrings, my garter, and maybe a hair fascinator for the reception when I take off my veil - that's what I'll be wearing the day of my wedding. Writing this post has gotten me all giddy and I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment