Friday, February 4, 2011

Stuff I've been up to.

Well I've been wrapping up a lot of loose ends.

Wanna see?




Well, a couple days ago I went to Macy's. I got a giftcard for Christmas that I hadn't spent yet, so I bought some MAC waterproof gel eyeliner (since I'm doing my own makeup) and I also got a couple shirts and a dress for the Honeymoon. I'll probably wear the dress to my bridal shower too :) My mom also bought me a super-cute pair of heels for when Josh and I go see "O".

I also bought a makeup primer, foundation, and setting powder for the wedding day too; as well as a couple sets of false eyelashes (so I can practice putting them on!).

I finally decided that I wanted a shorter veil to wear during the reception (since I didn't want to carry my cathedral veil around the whole night!), rather than a hair fascinator. You only get to wear a veil once, why not! Here's a picture of it on a mannequin (minus the tiara, it's just the veil).


Also, remember how we mailed a couple invitations out to a few special couples? Well, we heard back from Mr. and Mrs. Mouse! We got a photograph signed and autographed by the lovely pair, as well as a "Just Married" pin to wear next time we go to the Magic Kingdom! Awesome! We're going to display the framed photo at the wedding :)


My mom was shopping at Ross today, and came back and showed me this dress. How beautiful! Now she is stuck between this one and the one she already bought. They are both so pretty, I'm glad I don't have to make the call!


Lastly, I got two more DIY projects done today. We bought a round wooden board from Lowe's yesterday and today I decoupaged it with old sheet music I also used to make the Save the Date's. This will be our cake stand! I love love love it! I got the base at Goodwill for 3.99 :)



This is the other project. I made my sister (and MOH) a hair fascinator to help set her apart from the other bridesmaids. She is wearing the same dress as the other girls, so I thought this would be a nice surprise for her :) And it only cost me about $5.00 to make!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you've been busy! I wouldn't want to carry about the veil all night either. I love the cake stand!

    ReplyDelete