Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lets Play Catch Up!

Hey everyone! So we've gotten a lot done since the last update. Here's what we've done:




If you can recall, we sent out our wedding invitations. At the last minute, we decided to send out a few extras - to the President, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and our favorite Food Network star Alton Brown. I hope we get something back from them!!


We also got bridesmaids dresses checked off the list. Here are better photo's of one of the dresses.
 Don't mind our goober-y faces haha!

 This is the dress in blue. I might go buy it for the rehearsal or bridal shower!

 My MOH in one of the dresses.

Guess what I got in the mail today?? Our plates and silverware!! We decided that instead of the paper plates and plastic silverware the caterer provided, we would go with this. 100% compostable and ecofriendly pressed palm leaf plates, and birchwood silverwear. How fun, right?



We also bought our white wine! We got a couple bottles of red wine to test out on a group of my parents friends this weekend, see which one or two are the favorites. Then we'll buy those!

And lastly, me and my mom went MOB dress shopping today! We went to Macy's, then Nordstrom's,  then JCPenny's. All in order:
 She liked this one, but wasn't so sure about the massive cleavage.

 This one was nice too, but it was a little plain.

 We both loved this one!

 Then she put this one on, and we loved it more!

 Then she put this one on and it was her favorite.

This is the one we decided on (don't mind the white bra straps). We thought the color was nice (not black!), it is SUPER flattering, and it fits the occasion! With some pearls, white heels, and maybe a classy fascinator for her hair, she's gonna be one hot mamma at the wedding!

It's crazy how close it's getting! 9 weeks! I also finished the guestbook, rented the linens, bought chaircovers and sashes, and booked a videographer. The days are flying by and things are being checked off the lists of things to do. RSVP's are coming in and that's exciting!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your bridesmaid dresses!!!! I'm going on my first bridesmaid dress shopping experience in the middle of February and I'm not looking forward to it, I feel like it'll be harder to pick out BM dresses then it was to pick out MY dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl let me tell you, I had NO idea what we were looking for. We didn't really have a set color pallet, or a style or anything! But we got it done in ONE trip!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your MOB dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete